Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Gift

This is what it's like to be me.

Oh, look! A package! 
And underneath the brown paper is a cute little snowman box. 
It might be those perfume samples I'm waiting on, 
or maybe something I'm supposed to review for Cool Mom Picks, 
maybe some hand-made soap or a coffee sample.


*

Huh. It's in a ton of bubble wrap. Is it a Christmas ornament or something? 

POSSIBLY A PRESTIGIOUS AWARD?


*
Oh, it's a skull.

YAY! I GOT A RABBIT SKULL!

I had totally forgotten I ordered a rabbit skull on Etsy 
for a steampunk hat for my book launch party on January 31. 
I hope I didn't use up all the metallic silver spray paint...



***

What's the weirdest thing you've ever gotten in the mail?

6 comments:

Mike D (@NewGuyMike) said...

Live chickens.

You can order fresh hatched poultry from a catalogue shipped overnight. Chickens don't need to eat for 24 hours. Anyone who lives in a more rural, farming type place would find this normal. Not suburban Connecticut. We got a confused phone call from the post office at 5am asking us to come pick up our living package.

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Oh wow! That really is kind of weird, but that's just to the other weird "normal" people. You know the ones that think paranormal books are weird. Don't understand those people...which means I don't understand my family!!

Be sure to show us your hat once it's all put together!! Ooh wear it at RT too! I'll be there too! ;)

Doranna Benker Gilkey said...

Oh, you might like to know about these folks: http://www.fireandbone.com/.
I'ts a kickstarter right now. I was so excited to find out about them, I've never seen anything like it before!
But, spray painting actual skulls for a steampunk look? Hmmm, that's very intriguing too..

Justine Spencer said...

Did you laugh when you saw it, because I did . . . and that was just weird.

Justine Spencer said...

Did you laugh when you saw it, because I did . . . and that is just weird.

delilah s. dawson said...

Doranna, I already backed it. :) Such a cool concept melding 3D printing with taxidermy and traditional jewelry casting! Can't wait to see the result.