Wednesday, October 24, 2012

bang bang, kiss kiss.


So I'm working on this new book.

It's unlike anything I've done before.

Gritty scifi. Male protag. No romance. No magic. No carnivals.

No adorably bloodthirsty critters.

Plenty of guns.

So I needed to do some research.


I haven't gone to the range since 2005, but thanks to my magic Lasik robot eyes, my aim is even better than it was before. I filled that zombie rat and his stanky cheese full of holes.

Followed it up with a leisurely dinner on the side porch of a new restaurant. Duck confit spring rolls, lamb shank, chocolate torte with almond Chantilly cream. And this marvelous concoction of gin, St. Germain, simple syrup, and grapefruit that the bartender calls a Wild Blossom. It looks like a pink girly drink, but it packs one hell of a punch.

How fitting.

* * *

Anybody else shoot?

* * *

4 comments:

Marko Kloos said...

Yep. It's very relaxing, and a useful skill to boot.

We're lucky in that we have ten acres out in rural NH. I don't even need to drive to the range. As rural chicken-owning Americans, we have to keep some boomsticks around for poultry defense anyway, since the foxes and raccoons won't listen to reason.

Allisunny S. said...

Yes ma'am. going to take an intensive pistol class this weekend with the mister to get comfy with a Sig 9mm.

Love your target!!!

Henri B. said...

I do! I do!

Lexi H said...

No, but I love that your target is a big rat! Hahaha!