Monday, September 17, 2012

Cliffy Clifferton



I woke up thinking, "You know, I don't have enough sh*t to do."



My family clearly isn't ready for a dog. I only like small dogs. Krog only likes large dogs. No one likes medium dogs. And I just got to where I don't have to handle hot poo on a daily basis. 

But a kitten, on the other hand...


I mean, they're small, cute, and do their dukes in boxes.

What could go wrong?


He's a really good jumper. And he's got the snuggleattackz thing down, which saves me a lot of training effort.


On the other hand, we have gotten some accidental mouthfuls of butt when trying to snuzzle him for too long.

Naming him was a big deal.

Names on the table, as suggested by:

Me:
Norman (from ParaNorman)
Keith (from that dream about the cat named Keith)
Criminy (FOR REASONS)
Grim (full name: Grimlock, for my fav Transformer)

the biscuit:
Whiskers
Mr. Whiskers
Mr. Whiskybootlecutiepiekitten
Biscuit (because we drove past The Flying Biscuit)
Firehouse (because we drove past Firehouse Subs)

t.rex:
Kiki
Rex
Zeddy

We ended up calling him Cliff. Why?
1. Everybody likes the Transformer, Cliffjumper. And the cat can jump.
2. I love the idea of giving cats ridiculous people names.
3. Now I can call him Cliffy Clifferton, Esq.

*
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm about to be reminded of how annoying kittens are when they attack your feet while you're asleep.


3 comments:

Henri B. said...

I am more than a little blown away that the T-Rex was the only person able to come up with a "normal" sounding kitty name.

*My cat's name is Bruce Wayne Banner so normal is relative.

Lexi H said...

Hahaha, your first line made me think of the movie Friday.

Very cute kitten, good luck with the no attacking thing.

Matt said...

At least Rex didn't suggest naming him Bar-Bar. :)