Tuesday, September 11, 2012

at a crossroads

Why the lax bloggery?

I'm at a crossroads.

Work on Blud 3? Start something new? Edit something half-done? Go back to reading Chuck Wendig's BLACKBIRDS and try to learn something new about what the heck I'm supposed to be doing with all these messy-sloppy letters?

Honestly, y'all, I keep ending up on Twitter, desperately throwing myself into interesting conversations of 140 characters or less. Because it's easy. But that's not always the best way to choose one's route.

Here's what I can tell you, though.

On October 5 and 6, I'll be a guest at the Crossroads Writers Conference in Macon, GA. They have some big fishies, y'all, and I'm looking forward to rising above the messy surgery of my own demons and deadlines and talking about inspiration, excitement, craft, and possibilities. If you're a writer in the southeast, I hope you'll consider coming out to join the conversation.

Plus, who can miss Macon? I was there for the 8th grade Beta Club dance, and it was transformative.

If by transformative you mean that I stood awkwardly in a corner in a sailor dress with a bad haircut and wished desperately that someone would ask me to slow dance to Every Rose Has Its Thorn.

Ahem.

Let's all rise above. I'm choosing a direction-- right now.

No more Twitter. Time to edit!

And time to hide the pictures of me at 13.

*

1 comment:

Lexi H said...

Goodluck.
And are you really going to hide the pics of 13 year old you?

hehehe