Monday, August 20, 2012

what are we reading?


On my Currently Reading pile:
* BLOOD AND SILVER by James R. Tuck
* GRAVE DANCE by Kalayna Price
* RED HOOD'S REVENGE by Jim C. Hines

On my To Be Read pile:
* RIVETED by Meljean Brook
* BLACKBIRDS by Chuck Wendig
* THE SUMMER OF FIRSTS AND LAST by Terra McAvoy
* DREADNOUGHT by Cherie Priest

On my Recently Read Pile:
*DEADLOCKED by Charlaine Harris
*GRAVE DANCE by Kalayna Price
*FANTASY LOVER and DANCE WITH THE DEVIL by Sherrilyn Kenyon

And some recommendations for you:

If you like THE HUNGER GAMES, try:
* BATTLE ROYALE by Koushon Takami
* INSURGENT by Veronica Roth
* UNDER THE NEVER SKY by Veronica Rossi
* WITHER by Lauren DeStefano
* SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi

If you like TWILIGHT, try:
* CITY OF BONES and the entire MORTAL INSTRUMENTS series by Cassandra Clare
* FEVER and the WOLVES OF MERCY FALLS series by Maggie Stiefvater
* DEAD UNTIL DARK and the SOOKIE STACKHOUSE books by Charlaine Harris

Anybody reading something good or looking for a recommendation?

*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just re-read "The Instructions" by Adam Levin and really enjoyed it. It's like Twilight, except with no vampires or bad writing.

delilah s. dawson said...

Have you read the book KICKING A DEAD HORSE by Bo Dangles? I hear it's hipster crack.

Anonymous said...

I have read that. Have you read "Just read it and I'll stop talking about it" by A. Pewoman? It's quite good.

Also, I highly recommend "A Prayer for Owen Meany."