Wednesday, August 22, 2012

up soon: DRAGON*CON!

Next Friday through Sunday, August 31 through September 2, I'll be at DRAGON*CON for the first time.



Those are preview of two of the three costumes I have planned: steampunk pirate (top), steampunk Ravenclaw (bottom), steampunk Little Red Riding Hood (unpictured). It's going to be strange, having one of the more sedate costumes in a large group.

If you're going to be there, here's where you can find me:


Friday, 8/31 11:30am - 12:30pm Steampunk in the Classroom (YA)
Friday, 8/31, 1-2pm The Abundant World of Alternate History (Alt History)
Friday, 8/31, 5:30-6:30 - Laughing in the Graveyard (Horror & Dark Fantasy)
Saturday, 9/1 1-2pm The Steampunk Author Roundtable, Part 1 (Alt History)
Saturday, 9/1 10-11pm Steamy Steampunk, Paranormal Romance, and More
Sunday, 9/2, 7-8pm - Frightening Folklore (Horror & Dark Fantasy)

If you don't see my name listed in your program, fear not! As I don't have official Guest status, I might not be shown. But I'll be there! As I haven't been to D*C before, I'm not sure where I'll be hanging out in the in-betweens. I hear the Alt History crowd chills at the Westin, and I also have grave interest in books, Venture Bros., Firefly, and Star Wars. It's going to be... busy.

I'll also be live-tweeting the experience, with pictures and possible video, from the HTC One smartphone I'll be trying out for Cool Mom Tech. Follow me at @DelilahSDawson, and we'll be all twittery together. I'll also have WICKED AS THEY COME bookmarks, Moo cards with all 3 available book covers, and Sharpies, should you wish to have your boobs (or whatever) signed.

LET'S GET OUR STEAMPUNK DRAGON ON, Y'ALL!

*

2 comments:

Henri B. said...

I really like what I see in the second photo. Have fun!

Lexi H said...

Ahahaha! After reading that if I ever see you at a con I am going to make you sign my boobs! Just to see if you turn colors =) hehehe

Have fun! Sounds like a crazy time! Can't wait to see some pics!