Saturday, July 28, 2012

what next?

I'm about to finish up my last big deadline until book 3 is due this winter. Unless something really exciting happens, that means I have a couple of months of freedom.

SWEET FREEDOM!

And that means I'm going to need to pick up a new project. Here are the front runners:

1. New MG idea - THE WIND LASS - adventure, girl protagonist, kinda steampunky, kinda magic, involves travel by camel-pulled balloon and breaking a curse.

2. Finish BLACK PARADE, a YA about a contemporary teen girl who goes into a coma and ends up in Sang as a Bludman. Inspired by the video/song The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance.

3. Finish SPARROWHAWK, a historical fantasy YA about a teen girl, underground goblins, and The Crystal Palace in London. Inspired by the ball in Labyrinth. And yes, the Goblin King *is* rather hot.

4. Polish PAYBACK, a contemporary YA about the first day of dystopian rule. What would happen if credit card companies could kill you? It's finished but needs a lot of revision.

5. Something entirely different.

Show of hands? Bueller? Bueller?

What should I work on next?

*

7 comments:

Aimee L. Taylor said...

OMG the Labyrinth inspired one next oh please oh please!!! That is my favorite movie of all time and I'd LOVE to read something that was inspired from it!!!

Kristin said...

I'm going to go with Sparrowhawk. We all need a little Goblin King....

Traci Horton said...

Sparrowhawk sounds terrific!

EttyOop said...

Since Labyrinth always makes me think of you? I'm going to go with the same vote as everyone else :-)

Carol M. said...

They all sound intriguing to me, even "something else." :) My brain is kind of cramped and crowded right now, but I'll think about this and return...

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

#2! Cause I love me some Sang!

Lexi H said...

The Wind Lass sounds like fun! They all do, can't believe you have so many ideas!