Friday, July 13, 2012

Look, Ma! I'm on TV!


Last night, I lucked into a fun interview with Ben at Tyrus Books, a fantastic crime and litfic press. Our conversation ran from my publishing story, to how I dealt with rejection when I wanted to give up, to why I can't tell my grandmother the name of my book, to why I don't think I could ever go the self-pub route. There's also a lot of laughing and product placement for Crystal Light.

Ben will be doing a different G+ hangout chat every Thursday night at 9pm EST with different writers and publishing people. You can tweet questions to @TyrusBooks on Twitter to hear them answered live or check the shows out on YouTube later.

If you've been on the fence about Twitter, here's one of the reasons I love it so much: You have the chance to connect with interesting people. I "met" Ben several years ago, before I was agented, much less with two book sales under my corset. He was recommending great new music for Amphetazine, and I was following anyone who had a bookish word in their bio, hoping to learn more about how to get published. Although he doesn't publish my genre and I don't read or write in his, we found mutual respect and interesting Twitter conversation. And now, here we are, three years later, making a live TV show, hoping to help other writers on their own publishing journeys.

Thanks for interviewing me, Ben. And thanks for connecting us, Twitter!

*




3 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

I don't have time to watch the whole thing, but I watched the first few minutes, and you're awesome! What a cool idea.

Anonymous said...

Holy hell! I've been reading black erotica for almost a year now because I thought you were the author. Urfa said that the author photo looked nothing like you - but I figured it was done for publicity.

delilah s. dawson said...

At least you got your groove back, Anon.