Saturday, June 30, 2012

FandomFest, Day 1

Dear FandomFest:

Thank you for presenting the perfect pair of goggles, right when I needed to buy them.


Thank you for making that Denny's in Kentucky extra delicious.

Thank you for having so many marvelous authors and readers.

Thank you for giving me a fantastic excuse to dress up.


Thank you for introducing me to the tour-brained but brilliant John Scalzi, who dubbed me STEAMPUNK GIRL. I will struggle to live up to that epithet. At least until I can join Kalayna Price as USA TODAY BESTSELLING GIRL.

Thank you for slowing down. I woke up at 5:30, and I'm ready to snoozle.

<3, d.

p.s. If you're into steampunk costuming, that outfit breaks down as follows:
goggles: $60 2 Dames Bazaar at FandomFest (big splurge!)
tan lace bolero shrug: $20, Ebay
tank: $1.91, thrift store
corset: $45, Damsel in the Dress (on sale!)
stagecoach skirt: $39, Damself in this Dress (on sale!)
tights: $4, Target (on sale!)
boots: $30, 6pm.com (on sale!)
cog and propeller earrings: $5 at FandomFest

= Steampunk can be pretty affordable when you shop sales and reuse pieces!

4 comments:

Henri B. said...

You look teh awesome! I really like the goggles.

Lexi H said...

Love the whole outfit! And the goggles are PERFECT!!

amber d* said...

Ahh I love, love this outfit! You look awesome!

delilah s. dawson said...

Aw, thanks, y'all! I saw another girl in a full Damsel set but was afraid to SQUEE at her. =)