Thursday, May 10, 2012

this chaise, it is so verra longue


When I was little, we sometimes kept our family's furniture for a while, since we mostly stayed in one place. And, being a child, I would get attached. Once, I fell in love with a chaise longue owned by my aunt. When she took it back, I was heartbroken. Hundreds of hours I had cultured my butt on that chair, reading.

And then it was... gone.

Today, I healed that minor wound. Much like Skydancer, there was a hole in my life where a chaise should have been. I found this chaise at TJ Maxx for $150 a few months ago and thought, "That's a good price. But it's not good enough."

And then I went in today, and it was $50.

FIFTY DOLLARS. To heal a broken heart.

SOLD, said I!

And now I can read in my studio while sitting on my chaise.

I am a happy girl, oh yes.

All it took was an old pony and a very swoopy chair.

What can I say? I'm easy.

*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a chair.

delilah s. dawson said...

Wrong. I'm a chairMAN.

CHAIRMAN MEOW!

Anonymous said...

Well, I won't contest your assertion that you are a man.

delilah s. dawson said...

OH, SLAM.

Can't you just be happy for me and my chair? CAN'T YOU?

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

Chair envy! I've always wanted a chaise!