Tuesday, May 22, 2012

my new ink

Guess what, y'all? I GOT A NEW TATTOO!

[insert picture of a green dot]

Why no pic?

Because my toe hurts too much to go through the pedicurian rigmarole.

See, last night, I was writing. I have been writing almost steadily for the last week, as I know that once school is out, I'll never have the energy and time to finish this YA paranormal. So I'm underslept, overcaffeinated, and frenzied. Nothing new.

Inspiration struck, and I reached for my notebook and a green pen. A Magna Tank .5mm gel pen, to be exact.

And then I dropped it.

On my toe.

No, wait. In my toe.

It stuck, point down, in my big toe.

THE PEN STUCK IN MY TOE.

It quivered there like a dagger.

I was part of a game of human mumbletypeg, folks, and it wasn't fun.

I yanked it out and knew immediately that I was marked for life. I squeezed it, dabbed it, moistened it, yes, even tried to suck out the ugly venom of green gel ink, but it was all for naught.

I will have a green dot on my big toe for the rest of my life.

That, dear friends, is hardcore dedication to writing.

*

8 comments:

Brent Taylor said...

lolz you have to show me when you come to Louisville this summer.

delilah s. dawson said...

I'll post a pic... after I have time to make my feet purty. It's truly hideous. =)

p.s. LOUISVILLE.

Lexi H said...

hahaha, well that is one way to get a tattoo
My sister did the same thing with a pencil. Has to be about 10 years ago, but you can still see the spot where it went in.

linda said...

I have one of those too, but from pencil. And on my finger instead of my toe. But other than that it's exactly the same. :)

Ericka said...

Now you know what your cutie mark would be if you were a MLP!

Ericka said...

Now you know what your cutie mark would be if you were a MLP!

Anonymous said...

I thought that you weren't going to get any more prison tattoos? Don't you remember how much pain there was removing that teardrop?

dankenney said...

That's hilarious and you are right, true dedication!