Saturday, May 19, 2012

10 years

May 18, 2002:




May 18, 2012:


Happy Anniversary, Dr. Krog!

At dinner last night, a younger couple sat at the table next to us. And when we mentioned to the waiter that we were celebrating our tenth anniversary, they sheepishly admitted that they were celebrating their first one.

"Can I ask-- what's the secret to ten years?" the girl asked, and I giggled for a minute.

"I married a psychologist," I answered. "So when I say I want to talk about feelings, he's happy to oblige."

And then we all laughed.

But here's the real secret: laughter. We laugh a lot. We have adventures. We whisper during movies. We watch Family Guy and giggle. In short, we still act like we're 18, which is how old we were when we met.

I think the real secret is to change all the time without actually changing.

*

7 comments:

Stan R. Mitchell said...

Congrats!!!

amber d* said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Henri B. said...

Congrats to you!

Lexi H said...

Awww, congrats! I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating =)

delilah s. dawson said...

Thanks, guys! <3

linda said...

Congratulations! :D

Stephanie Burgis said...

Congratulations! Happy anniversary. :)