Thursday, March 22, 2012

you remind me of the babe


I did something today that I haven't done since I was thirteen:

I wore blue eye shadow.



Back then, it was just another social and aesthetic tragedy.
Today, it's a sort of self-indulgent, secretly geeky inside joke.

The color?

GOBLIN GIRL.

It's a pure mineral shade of glittery teal from Sweet Libertine, and it's lovely. I thought it would make my hazel eyes go brown, because that's what the color wheel would indicate. But really, it just made me feel fancy. Same old dirty lakewater eyes, just with extra GOBLIN.

I think tomorrow, I'll try Bitchin' Rock Star from Mars.

If you dig mineral makeup with geektastic names and very reasonable pricing, check out Sweet Libertine. My order took almost two months to reach me, but I hear they're trying to streamline their order fulfillment process. At the very least, I totally forgot about it and had a wonderful surprise when I hit the mailbox at 11pm last night after writing most of that dreadfully smexy scene.

Now, armed with glittery goblin eyes, I'm going to finish it.


Wish me luck, and tell Jareth I said hi.

*gulp*

*

p.s. Did I futz with those pictures?
Hell, yes, I did. It's 8:30pm, for heaven's sake, and I'm 34.
I'll up the goddamn bloom if I want to.

*

6 comments:

ChaosMandy said...

Love it!

I need new makeup so I'll have to check them out :)

delilah s. dawson said...

I failed, BTW. I'm finishing that scene today, OR ELSE.

Delphine Dryden said...

I promise I'm not spamming - but I have the perfect scent company to go with your makeup company recommendation (which, thank you because that place is awesome!). I get all my geektastic fragrances here: http://www.zomgsmells.com/shop/ and I have a feeling you'd love the scent descriptions. Hard (you may already know these folks since you're into steampunk, because they have a whole Girl Genius line of smells).

delilah s. dawson said...

OMG, Delphine, this place is FANTASTIC. It had me at "Pick Your Own Squees". Thanks so much for sharing! *off to peruse*

Sarah said...

OMG, I'm squeeing a bit myself! :-D I am Sarah from Sweet Libertine, and I noticed this link when I was checking traffic sources. Thank you so, so much for your kind words - Goblin Girl is one my husband named, and one of his favorites :-D (I'm partial to it, too).

And yep, the 2 month turn around time sucked, but we're actually revamping everything to be "inventory only". There's more info on that here: http://sweetlibertine.com/2012/03/19/important-changes-inventory-coming-soon-support-tickets/

You made my night - thank you so much!!

delilah s. dawson said...

Sarah, I'm so flattered you stopped by! I LOVE your stuff and wore a combination of Sassafras and Sultry to my book launch party on Friday. =)