Saturday, March 31, 2012

best. party. ever!



First of all, enormous thanks and hugattacks to EVERYONE who came out to FoxTale Book Shoppe last night for the Wicked as They Come book launch party. Every time I looked up, I saw someone else that I adore coming through that door, and it was one of the most magical nights of my life.


You know Delilah is happy when Delilah gets gummy and huggy.

I want to thank everyone, but I know I would forget someone, because last night was like a giant hurricane of love and glitter. But I hope you'll indulge me as I thank some of the people who drove from far, far away to be there. Brooke and Kendal of Villainess Soaps came down from Tennessee and brought me my own, beautiful, full-size set of the soaps and perfumes, which are GORGEOUS, as are THEY. The marvelous Kristen Chase, Founder and Editor of Cool Mom Picks and star of The Kristen Show and the Mominatrix herself braved some super-rough traffic to be there. Mandy Horetski of GeekMom came all the way down from North Carolina! My Aunt Sunny and Uncle Bill came down from Tennessee. And the super-talented Meghan of One Girl Vaudeville brought contact juggling worthy of the Goblin King himself and then wowed us with fire spinning on the Woodstock green.


That's right. There was FIRE at my launch party! How cool is she?!



And Jeremy, one of the nicest people I've known for over 15 years now, who brought me a beautiful Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness Box filled with candy and a vintage Starscream Transformer that made my husband so happy he's still talking about it.



And the wonderfully awesome girls of FoxTale, who offered to throw the party and then TOTALLY ROCKED IT. The display was so amazing! Everything was perfectly orchestrated.

And thanks to my family and the Red Door Writers Group and the girls of Willow Tree and Thomas of North Fulton Drama Club's steampunk Tempest and my high school friends and Jon Plsek who made my Facebook cover photo and my Cobb County friends and Dr. Krog's work friends and the ICAN mamas and Cakes by Darcy and Debbie for emergency fangs and Ericka for emergency mustaches and my internet friends and my real-live-people friends and Nanook's friend Hal and author James Tuck and Croft Photography and EVERYBODY EVERYBODY EVERYBODY!

Still haven't heard me gush enough?


Here's the link to FoxTale Book Shoppe where you can buy a signed copy.

Here's the link to Villainess Soaps, where you can buy the oh-so-delicious soaps and perfumes inspired Wicked as They Come. The samples were gone in a flash last night!

It was, quite simply, the best night ever, and I'm so grateful for everyone's support.

I JUST LOVE ALL YOUR FACES.

*

3 comments:

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

It was awesome! I missed out on the Criminy perfume though! Sigh...

delilah s. dawson said...

You can always smell mine and see if you dig it. =) I keep some in the car at all times.

ChaosMandy said...

It was a wonderful party! It was well worth the drive down :)

The perfumes were wonderful, but especially Criminy! I'm going to have to get a full bottle soon :)