Monday, March 26, 2012

behold my anklebiters, and behold my love for you


The doorbell rang.

No, wait. It didn't. This is 2012.

I got a Facebook message from dear friend and alpha-beta reader Ericka, the second person ever to read my book.

"Check your front steps," she said coyly. There was also a smiley face. And I always follow mysterious and impish directions.









That's right.
My friends Debbie and Ericka made bludbunnies, nestled them in fake grass,
crafted a box with Criminy's face on it,
and planted it on my front porch as a surprise.
Because they are AWESOME.

*

I've been overwhelmed with gratitude all day.

The friends leaving encouraging messages on my Facebook wall.

The reviewers saying such lovely things and taking the time to post their reviews on loads of different sites and on Twitter.

The readers telling everyone on Twitter that they were buying and pre-ordering my book.

I mean... I have readers.

That blows my mind.

That people I've never met, who don't owe me anything, are buying my book.

I'm grateful for Stephanie and Renee at Pocket, who have scored some amazing interviews for me, and who sent out loads of review copies.

I'm grateful to my agent and editor, who have been basically patting me until I chill.

And my friends. Oh, my friends. Stephanie sent me that gorgeous bracelet. Jenn made a coffee corset. Brooke turned my characters into smellies. People are driving over from other states for the launch party. People are buying multiple copies of the book and telling their friends and knitting hats and sewing corsets and stopping at Michael's to help me shop for paper masks. And my parents bought... well, grumblemumblegrumbleawholeboxofbooks.

I'm just blown away by HOW MUCH Y'ALL ROCK.

Everyone I know is busy as hell. With families and kids and husbands and parents and cancer and work and school and grad school and birthin' babies and so, so many things, and I appreciate the time it took you to make me smile today.

I just love everybody so much my face hurts.

So here's to release day tomorrow.

Thank you so much for reading anything I write.

YOU ROCK.

love,

d.

*
And thank you, Ericka an Debbie, for the bludbunnies.

Anybody have an idea for what I should name them?

*

9 comments:

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

Currently on page 256 with no plans on stopping! Love!

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

And done, AMAZING!

ChaosMandy said...

It is a wonderful book :) My GeekMom review goes live sometime today and I hope you like it :)

delilah s. dawson said...

Whoa, Steph! That was QUICK! =)

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

I read fast and didnt clean or make dinner! Dreamed of Sang :)

delilah s. dawson said...

That's exactly how it was written. Fast and dirty. =)

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

Whatever it was, it was magic. The teaser is great too! I'm so glad you are going to continue that character. I loved him!

amber d* said...

That is an awesome gift! I'm picking up your book this weekend and cannot wait to dive into it! (I live in the middle of nowhere. Wal-Mart is my bookstore and lemme tell ya, that's sad.)

delilah s. dawson said...

I took these guys over to FoxTale today as part of the decorations. =) I couldn't resist showing them off.

Hope you like it, Amber!