Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm joining the steampunk Dark Side


Steampunk Darth Vader?

Not my father.

Still, very awesome.

As was AnachroCon, the alternative history convention I went to in Atlanta today. Seriously, everything about it was fantastic. I met so many wonderful people, saw amazing costumes, heard cool music, and caught one entertaining panel by the artisan who did the leather armor for some of the Saw and Resident Evil movies.

More tomorrow.

As for now, I just took off my corset for the first time since 8am.

That means it's cookie time.

*

8 comments:

EttyOop said...

a) you look FABULOUS!

b) glad it was so much fun!!

c) nearly 12 hours in a corset? That sounds... um... ouch?

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

You look fabulous! Did you get to make a hat???

delilah s. dawson said...

Nope, Stephanie. That's my Writer's Hat, the one I bought on Etsy. The feather is a writing quill, and there's a bottle of ink in the hatband. I fell in love with a leather mini top hat by The Blonde Swan and will probably just buy a real one. It felt like butter. Like a big stick of buttah. =)

Harley May said...

You are smokin' and I'm crazy jealous. We'll have to do this together sometime. I can't wait for your book release AND THE PARTY/READING THAT WILL ACCOMPANY IT. THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN AND YOU'LL DRESS UP ALL FANCY STEAMPUNK LIKE. RIGHT? Good.

Virginia Valerie said...

You look magnificent! GLad to hear you had such a great time!

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

Aw man, I was looking forward to hearing all about a hat making class! Loving the outfit though

Anonymous said...

I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's 'it' seems weird and scary.

Spotted Sparrow said...

You look AMAZING! I am swooning over your costume.