Wednesday, February 22, 2012

help pick my steampunk costume for AnachroCon!

Please help me.

I'm going to my very first steampunk con this Saturday, which means I'll be wearing a costume for the first time. And... here's where the clockwork deer gets caught in the headlights.

I don't know what to wear.

I have 3.5 outfits photographed. I can mix and match the pieces and am not 100% sold on any one look. I also know that a big part of steampunk is accessorizing, and I don't have a lot of those yet. Hence, the con. There's even a hat-making class!

So, if you will, please let me know what you think would look the best for AnachroCon, an alternative history con in Atlanta. Mixing, matching, head shaking, and suggestions are all welcome.

1.
Brown and black.


2.
Kinda steampunk pirate. Needs accessories.


3.
Steampunk libarian, shirt open.


4.
Same, shirt closed.


*

Available pieces:
purple/gold pirate corset, brown steampunk corset
white renfaire blouse, black renfaire blouse
white collar blouse, brown and white engineer blouse
big circle skirts in plum, tan, black
stagecoach skirt in shiny green

*

Halp!

*

26 comments:

Ali Trotta said...

the first one is my favorite. the hat is adorable.

ChaosMandy said...

I like 2 best but 4 is shiny too :D

Addicted2Heroines said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Addicted2Heroines said...

The first one looks the best.

Julie Schafer said...

Doesn't seem you can go wrong with any of them, but #1 is particularly striking.

EttyOop said...

I know, ti's totally unhelpful to tell you that I think you look absolutely great in all of them :-P Sorry!

simplyblake said...

I like #1 and #3. The hat and steampunk corset are musts. Have fun!

Pinafores and Pinwheels said...

#1 or #4. #4 seems the most authory-ish. They are all great and I want to take a hat making class now!

delilah s. dawson said...

Ha! You guys are as all over the map as I am!

I am so loving these answers. =)

We're gonna figure it out, guys. We ARE.

Finn's Mom said...

I like 1 and 4.

Finn's Mom said...

I like 1 and 4.

WeiWeiGirl said...

3 or 1. Love the hat!!! The shirt on 1 stands out more (due to the white).

Obake said...

I like 2 the best, and if I had to choose a second, 4. :D

Sunny Rising Leather said...

4 like a boss.

xo,
A

Damsel in this Dress said...

number 4! Hands down! I'm soooo FREAKING HAPPY you got the steampunk military brown underbust. It looks amazing on you!

Anonymous said...

Is that a really small hat or do you have a really big head?

Anonymous said...

I like 1 and I like 4. Do you have a pocket watch in your pack for 1? Definitely use that in your look! :D ALSO, maybe you can convince certain persons to teach you how to make the awesome necklace and bracelets she put in the goodie bags for RadCon

Kagame said...

2 or 4

2 because everyone likes a steampunk pirate (except for their victims maybe)

and 4 because it makes you look very very proper ;)

Kagama said...

Darn you my evil doppelganger!

But I cant help but agree with Kagame.

Virginia Valerie said...

I like look number 1 by a longshot. It just screams steampunk. :-)

Ali said...

I really love #4. You look as if you were made to wear it!

Validation said...

4 is the best.

craig hallam said...

Librarian #2! Great outfit!

Im having the same problem, actually. Im attending a con in Sept to sign copies of my novel and have NO idea what to wear for it. Since you've managed to compile 4 great outfits, I'll be asking your assistance when the time comes! :)

kelly the nut said...

4. 4 is the best, closely followed by 2, since I LOVE 2's hat!

Paige Kellerman said...

I vote number 4!

delilah s. dawson said...

As of right now, I'm leaning toward #4 with hair half up, a cameo brooch, and black boots. With zippers. Not historically accurate, I know. Maybe from a parallel universe that invented zippers?

Thanks so much, everyone, for your opinions and kind words. I wish I could give all of you a cookie. Because, seriously, I don't need to eat the whole bag. <3