Wednesday, February 8, 2012

a glimpse of the carnival


Oh, squashblossoms.

I had so much fun last night that I don't even know where to begin.

The launch party for BLOOD AND BULLETS by local urban fantasy author, tattoo artist, and all-around nice guy James R. Tuck was a *FANTASTIC* success. Loads of folks came out to buy a book, get it signed, and listen to several local authors James was generous enough to invite out just for the purpose of reading their work.

And I am honored to be one of them. So that picture? It's my first public reading of WICKED AS THEY COME. I read an excerpt of Tish's first fortune telling practice in which we learn that the strong man is being plotted against, the horse-faced girl has a secret under her hat, and the lizard boy just needs some hand lotion.

I met so many wonderful people, and I was thrilled to see so much support for local authors. My friends Heidi and Betty came out, not to mention some of my talented pals from the Red Door Writing Group, including Ericka, Crystal, Seth, and Kevin. Thank you all so much!

Readings, signings, hand-shaking, card-handing-out-ing, and red wine were followed by the best pizza I've ever had at Vingenzo's, a marvelous Italian restaurant just a few doors down from FoxTale Book Shoppe in Woodstock, GA. I will definitely be making a date for another Pugliese.

In the words of Zoe Soldana's character in Center Stage, "THAT WAS THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD!"

Thanks so much for inviting me, James. And thanks for having us, FoxTale. And thanks to everyone who came out to support local authors and an independent bookseller.

Now just make sure to come back on March 30 at 7pm for more excerpts, books, sexy vampires, cake, and wine at the WICKED AS THEY COME launch party. James is hoping to be there, too, so you can get a copy of BLOOD AND BULLETS signed while you're at it.

And maybe some pizza afterward, if you're good. Because DANG.

*

4 comments:

Anne Riley said...

Fun! I hope to come to your launch party!

delilah s. dawson said...

I so hope you can! You and Harley need to try this pizza. I mean, the book is pretty good. But the pizza next door is AH-MAY-ZING.

Martina said...

That sounds awesome. :) I wish I could come, but I live on the wrong continent, so no go. But I would love to read your book when it comes out.

As an aside, is the pizza parlor's name really "Vingenzo's", with a "g"? (I'm sorry, as an Italian and a linguistics nerd, this kind of stuff interests me way more than it should if I were normal... ;) )

delilah s. dawson said...

Yep! See? http://www.vingenzos.com/

We went again last night. The Pugliese is off the hook. =)