Wednesday, February 1, 2012

further steampunkery



Sorry, but when I get a corset in the mail, I just *have* to post pics.

These things are like luscious, waist-wittling crack.

And, of course, it's by the lovely Michelle at Damsel in this Dress.


My first corset from her was a sleek, glistening, piratical thing, so I wanted something extra steampunky that would go with almost everything. I love how this brown one can be dressed up posh or dressed down for that "my airship just crashed and I need a ride to Constantinople" look.

After another trip to my favorite thrift store, I have a long khaki skirt with lace, this long black skirt, this engineer shirt, and a floofy black poet's blouse. Added to my plum skirt, white blouse, and black pinstripe vest, I basically purchased an entire steampunkable wardrobe for under $25. Well, and the corsets. But those are worth every penny.

Now I just need someplace to wear them to...

*

6 comments:

Charlotte Jane Ivory said...

Looking good! And kudos on the thrift store bonanza :)

Anne Riley said...

You are adorable.

Pinafores & Pinwheels said...

like a playgroup? ahem

you look fabulous as always

delilah s. dawson said...

Sorry, Steph, but your food is always way too good for me to be wearing a corset. I wish everybody would stay well so we could all see each other! =(

Tanya said...

I like your tiny hat!

Kay B.Stephenson said...

I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my trouble. You're amazing! Thanks!
Fisherbrand Magnetic Stir Bar Six Packs; Octagonal, 5/16 in. dia.; 1 in. L