Tuesday, February 14, 2012

a beautiful thing


Those are the two main characters in Wicked as They Come as imagined by the oh-so-talented StrangelyKatie. I've tried again and again to capture Tish and Crim, but alas... my own creations elude me. I can draw them much better with words than with a pen... or a digital tablet. Thanks a lot, art degree!

*

And speaking of beautiful things, today marks the one-year anniversary of my book deal, and I can't imagine how I could possibly be happier.

Thank you, everyone. Thank you, world. Thank you, fate. Thank you, family. Thank you, writing friends. Thank you, agent. Thank you, editor. Thank you, copy editors and publicist and cover artist and beta readers and writing group and reviewers and bloggers and soon-to-be-readers.

And thank you, Strangely Katie, for the perfect Valentine.

*

p.s. She takes commissions, and her rates are unbelievably reasonable.

p.p.s. Would anyone like an actual, physical belated Valentine? I'm thinking of sending some out...

*

7 comments:

Pinafores & Pinwheels said...

would that include the author's autograph? If so, yes please :) I swear I'm not a stalker

delilah s. dawson said...

One day, I'm just going to bring a Sharpie to your house and sign everything I can reach. And then eat all your food. =)

Pinafores & Pinwheels said...

As long as you eat the food before you write on it with Sharpie...that can't be healthy

Virginia Valerie said...

Yes!

Kagama said...

That is such a charming picture:)

delilah s. dawson said...

Kagama, I'm glad you like Crim better with his shirt on. ;-)

Kagama said...

To be replaced by an actual review someday...

Well I do like him better...covered up. He looked so cold on the cover. *blushes*

Its not a bad cover as such,the naked chest just dominates the cover.

I swear it follows you around the room:P