Sunday, December 4, 2011

take me down to fangirl city



DIANA GABALDON TALKED TO ME.

She's the author of one of my all-time favorite books, OUTLANDER. The book that taught me that romance wasn't necessarily a bad word, when it came to literature. The book I recommend to *everyone*. The book I've read so many times the cover has fallen off. The book that, when I started writing, I thought, "I'll never be able to write anything that amazing, but I'm damned well going to try."

AND SHE TALKED TO ME ON TWITTER.

I'm just going to be over here, not blinking.

SQUEE.

*

7 comments:

Silver Thistle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrienne said...

I saw that tweet, and I thought how awesome! Three years ago, a friend gave me Outlander--greatness, she called it--and since then, I have measured all books against it. I can't recommend enough to friends, family, and even people who don't me.

Pinafores & Pinwheels said...

that's awesome! Congrats!

Anne Riley said...

Very cool! I love Outlander, too. I didn't know Diana was on Twitter!

Anonymous said...

You never recommended that book to me! What am I, mutton? Why are you treating me like mutton, Missy? I'm not mutton! I'm a man!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

That's why I never recommended it, Anon. You're mutton. Mutton can't read. And if it could, mutton wouldn't be into Scottish time travel historic romance.

Anonymous said...

Eh, you're probably right. Now, have you read "The Instructions" by Adam Levin? It's really good.