Tuesday, December 13, 2011

GALLEYS!



I'd like you guys to think that this is what I looked like when I opened the package on my front porch and found five galleys of my book.

Calm. Collected. Professional. Unflappable.

But... I didn't look anything like that.

The first photo was screaming...




The second photo was gummy.

Like, seriously gummy.

Like, bouncing here and there and everywhere,
high adventure that's beyond compare gummy.


And then, after jumping up and down for twenty minutes,
I finally captured that first photo.

But inside, I'm screaming and gummy.

It's my first galley, y'all.

My book is a book.

The cover's not on yet. But the words are there.
And that's what's really important, right?

If you see me any time soon, expect that I will shove this light blue book in your face and yell, "OH MY GOD, SMELL IT. IT'S REAL," and then I'll grab it back and yell, "DON'T GET STAINS ON IT, YOU WALKING APE! I'VE ONLY GOT FIVE."


One step closer to my dreams.

*

16 comments:

ChaosMandy said...

That's really awesome!

Spotted Sparrow said...

Squee!!!

amber d* said...

So! So! SO! AWESOME! Congratulations!!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Thanks, y'all! I just wrapped a cover flat around it and am now hyperventilating into a TJ Maxx bag.

Lindsay Cummings author said...

congrats!!! such an exciting time for you!! :) Is the cover actually released yet?!

jarvenpa said...

*cheers incoherently* Yay!!! awesome.

(the word verification is nowei, really...)

EttyOop said...

WOOOOOO!

Abby said...

Enjoy! And if some big ape smudges one of your babies, I could probably track down a few more for you :).

Teh Awe-Some Sauce said...

Yay, you! I can't wait to read it, it's already on my Amazon wishlist :)

charissimo said...

You deserve all of the hyperventilation that's coming to you! Wait, that came out wrong... :)

BIG congrats, BIG love

urfaqhesse said...

So proud of you :) SO F-ING HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats, doll. You earned it :)

t. said...

congratulations! (and high five for the cartoon theme song reference.)

Pinafores & Pinwheels said...

that's fabulous! congrats! can't wait to get my kindle version delivered on the release date!! Yay for you!

Anonymous said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

-carrie

kristin said...

you are the awesomest, so proud of you!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

You guys make me so happy I just peed a little.