Thursday, December 1, 2011

the big, bad, bloodthirsty Christmas tree



We may be unruly around here, but boy, do we love getting our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. And we don't take it down until the day after New Year's. We want to squeeze every bit of holiday cheer out of the next month as we can.

And apparently, I want an excuse not to go in my studio/library during December. That's the yawning black door behind the gorgeous tree. My books are in there. And my wrapping paper. And the thermostat.

Brrrr!

But wait, you say. What's that on top of the tree?

It's a star, I answer, but my eyes have a crazy gleam. So you look more closely.

This tree, you say. It's emanating hotness.

Lights do that, I say with an impish wink.

You edge closer. Drag in one of the dining room chairs. Climb on up.

And this is what you see.


That's right.

It's my book cover.

On the Christmas tree star.

Because, like I said, we keep celebrating long before and long after the rest of the world.

Happy Holidays, hot steampunk vampire.

You're getting extra blood and a magical pocket watch in your stocking this year, not to mention a lump of coal. For being naughty.

*

6 comments:

urfaqhesse said...

bad ass :)

Anne Riley said...

I love it!!

ChaosMandy said...

That's awesome!

Kushuka said...

I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed, thank's for all. Regards, homemade detox drinks really hope to be your friends

Anonymous said...

Ooh, where can I get some homemade detox drinks?!?!?

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP, ANONYMOUS. HOMEMADE DETOX DRINKS IS *MY* NEW FRIEND! YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING! YOU CAN'T STEAL EVERYTHING AND SUCK EVERY OUNCE OF HOMEMADE DETOX DRINKS GOODNESS OUT OF MY LIFE! GOD, YOU'RE JUST SO STUPIDLY ANONYMOUS, ANONYMOUS!

p.s. HOMEMADE DETOX DRINKS