Tuesday, November 1, 2011

take cover!


No, really. Take one. They're like tarot cards.

Except that they all tell the same fortune.

And I can't tell it to you until next March.

*

These are cover flats, which I didn't even know existed until I learned that they were beautiful, shiny, and on their way to my house. They are basically a replica of the exact book cover, down to colors, words, ISBN, and the deliciously raised-up letters, and they are often used for marketing purposes. I'll definitely be taking them to a few of my local indie bookstores.

But what to do with the rest of them?

First, I snuggled them.

Then, I took the above picture and put it on my Facebook author page.

Then I thought about placing the cover flats in the bathtub and rolling around in them naked, like Scrooge McDuck.

Then I thought about how I would inevitably have to take pictures of that or no one would believe me, and the pics would get around to my family, and I would have to clean the bathroom first, and, yeah, NO.

Then I thought about making a dress with them. I nixed that when I remembered about paper cuts.

So I ask you guys: What do I do with these cover flats?

*


2 comments:

Pinafores & Pinwheels said...

make a cover for your nook!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

...and how, pray tell, would I do that? Considering I broke my craft bone?