Thursday, November 10, 2011

PIGBOTTOM!


All day Monday, my son carried around a pink rubber pig from the Dollar Bin at Target.

"PIG BOTTOM SHOW YOU HIS BOTTOM!" he would shout, shoving the pig's pink bottom in my face as I did work or wrote on my book, pretending to be very serious.

"AWESOME," I would answer. "PLEASE TELL PIG TO TAKE HIS BOTTOM ELSEWHERE."

I told Twitter about this phenomenon, and Twitter responded as expected.

Pics or it didn't happen.

So my reputation was on the line. I had to find him.

He was gone.

We spent two days looking for the elusive PIGBOTTOM.

me: Son, where is Pigbottom?

son: He is napping. He is HIDING.

me: Yes, but where is he napping and hiding?

son: Pigbottom does not know where he is. It is a secret.

me: Yes, but do you know?

son: NO. He won't tell me.

Etc.

So what appeared in my face this morning?


PIGBOTTOM.

"Where did you find him?" I asked.

"He find hisself," son said.

"Where, though?"

"Behind the bookshelf. Where he live. Pigbottom like books."

A pig after my own heart.

*

2 comments:

Pinafores & Pinwheels said...

he is seriously awsome

Pinafores & Pinwheels said...

you totally need to get him a set of these

http://www.stephmantis.com/#1199375/Animal-Butt-Magnets