Wednesday, November 2, 2011

a few of my favorite things


I had author photos taken last Saturday by long-time photographer friend Simon Effendi of Artistic Moments Photography in Roswell. Simon has been shooting me since 2005, and he never ceases to amaze. Although I just got the disk today and he hasn't had time to perfect the shots, I just had to share the photo above.

It will never make it to a book cover, but it includes three of my very favorite things: my sugar skull heels, my lucky owl necklace, and my beloved car, The Iron Duke, named for the steampunk romance by Meljean Brook.

No wonder I'm smiling, even though it was about 30 degrees and my nose was falling off.

*

In a couple of days, I'm going to count on you guys to help me choose which photo to use. And, if you're lucky, I'll show you a couple of the hilarious outtakes, although I don't think Simon caught the one where I knocked over a tombstone.

*


1 comment:

Alice Istanbul said...

Beeooooootiful picture, D! You look gorgeous. Can't wait to see the rest.