Friday, November 11, 2011

author pic outtakes



So I thought I would share some of the outtakes of my author photo shoot. Not the really, seriously awful ones. But just the ones that crack me up. Like when I was rolling my eyes in a graveyard.

Like, OMG, GHOSTS. WHATEVER.



Or cracking up against a column.

That's what I look like in real life, most of the time.

Except for the column. It's not like I carry it with me for special occasions.



Or maybe I do. But where are my shoes?

WHERE ARE MY SHOES?


Whoa. Too much gum. Way too much gum.

But putting my elbows on top of freezing columns makes me SO HAPPY.

Seriously. It was about 30 degrees and windy, and that shirt was made of... um, fake silk. Like spiderwebs. Bright purple spider webs. Next time, I need to wear a cape.


More laughing. I mess up lots of shots by laughing.

I'm supposed to be serious and important, right?

Someone suggested I borrow a spaniel and a turtleneck for author photos.

But have you ever tried to get a spaniel into a turtleneck? IMPOSSIBLE.



I think that one's my favorite. Weird monkey toes. bad angle on the shirt that makes me look pregnant. Apparently giving a speech about something.

FOUR SCORE AND SEVEN THINGIES AGO, STUFF HAPPENED. WANT TO KNOW MORE? BUY MY BOOK. IT INVOLVES VAMPIRE RABBITS AND CARNIVAL FREAKS.

THE END.

*



8 comments:

Amanda J. said...

HA! Those are great, but I think your captions are what make them! Looks like you had a great time though, so that's good. :)

Amber Page Writes said...

While perhaps not very steampunk or author-y, I love the laughing pics. I mean, heck, you're getting a book published. You should be happy, right? :)

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

I'm wearing a metal snake bracelet like the steampunk one in my book, so... that's vaguely related. =)

Thanks, y'all!

Alice Istanbul said...

Aw, great pics, D!!! You're so beautiful. Looks like you had lots of fun.

jarvenpa said...

Love them, made me laugh, and on a grim day marked with migraine...that's a real accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

PIGBOTTOM!!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

PIGBOTTOM IS MY MIDDLE NAME!

amber d* said...

HA!! The pictures turned out great, and as always, your post cracked me up!