Monday, October 31, 2011

the secret

Me as Mia Wallace, 2004*

*

I wrote out this long blog post.

And deleted it.

I want to say something important, and I think shorter will be sweeter.

The secret to writing a book,
having a great Halloween costume,
or just flat out reaching your dreams is all the same thing:

Don't be afraid to make a complete fool out of yourself.

That's all.

Now go dress up and do something fabulous.

Just like The Rock.

*

*also known as "The day I realized I wasn't meant to work in a cube",
because everyone kept saying that they liked my haircut, but I had a booger.


4 comments:

ChaosMandy said...

Great costume and great advice :)

Sunny Rising Leather said...

Amen!!
xo,
Allison

Jon Plsek said...

I love that you deleted your long post. Sometimes the best writing is done by deleting (sure wish I could learn that one).

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

OMG, dude, it was so ramble-y. "Once upon a time" and "so I learned a lesson" and "the cuberats laughed at me" and "what you've got to remember is."

LAME.