Friday, October 28, 2011

the narwhal is here with your tea, madam



I am a simple woman.

Simple things make me happy.

One of them is this tea, which is only available during the holiday season. But you know how Trader Joe's is-- once it's gone, you're screwed, left to scramble on eBay for overpriced lots of bagged tea that has somehow ballooned from $2.99 a box to $9.99 a box with $20 shipping, but you have to buy it anyway because you know you can't go 9 more months without it or you'll start fighting hedge lions and talking to imaginary bartenders, but in a bad way, and you should have bought more than five boxes this year, fool.

So I bought three boxes yesterday. Just to start out.

And it's AWESOME. Not only because it tastes phenomenal and is hot and cozy and perfect and decaffeinated. But also because THERE'S A FREAKING NARWHAL ON THE BOX.


Oh, and know what else makes me ridiculously happy?

The commercial that kept popping up while I was out with my high school friends.

Anybody need a travel catheter? It comes with free hand sanitizer.

For when you're GIVING YOURSELF A CATHETER.


Dear God, if you exist:

Thank you for Narwhal Tea and Travel Catheters.

Amen.

*


4 comments:

Julie said...

What?

I mean I get the tea but er what?

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

I'm not sure myself. Narwhals > travel catheters: I'm sure of that much. =)

Virginia Valerie said...

Hahaha! Thanks for the laugh! Seriously, wouldn't want to be without a catheter on the road.

also, i'm the same way about pumpkin. I think I have about 20 cans so far and I'll keep buying them every time i go to the store. I am NOT going to be without it again for a whole year! Why do Virginians think that pumpkin is seasonal?

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Come to Hotlanta. We buy pumpkin year round. YEAR ROUND PUMPKIN, YO.