Monday, October 3, 2011

could you be more pacific?


Guys, I'm in the Pacific Northwest for the first time in my life, and even though I haven't left the hotel room yet, IT IS AWESOME.

I didn't do much traveling as a kid, but today, I flew all the way across our country, and I saw many fascinating things that, frankly, bored the crap out of me in school. But I admit it: geography is kind of cool, when you're experiencing it firsthand.

First there were the fields. Seen from the sky, they're pure art.

And every now and then, I saw one that looked like Pac-Man.



And then we moved into the mountains.

Not piddly, "rather a large rock" mountains like we have in Georgia. Big mountains. Rocky mountains. Manly mountains. Mountains that look like Mother Nature's unfolded laundry.




Next up, there were strange marshes that made me think of the Neverending Story, before Artax gave up and I started to cry like a little girl. They looked so untouched, so pure. I can't believe I got all geogra-swoony over a little ol' swamp. But it was so pretty. The guy in the seat next to mine probably thought I was a moron.




And then came the most mysterious sight of all.

I couldn't figure out what they were. But they were beautiful.




"What is that?" I asked myself. "Sand? Cotton? Desert?"

So I looked at the little in-flight map.

And I pushed my stewardess button, because I am a brazenly curious girl.

Just as I opened my mouth to ask, "What are those large, white, water things near Salt Lake City?", I abruptly smacked myself in the face and asked her a question about my luggage instead.

Because I swear to gosh, guys. I AM SMART.

Let's just say that I was very impressed with the salt lakes around that city.

Ahem.

But what was the most beautiful sight of all?


The lovely gift basket from Harry and David, because after traveling since 5am on nothing more than a donut and some coffee, I was starving.

Let me tell you, guys. Moose Munch? THE HYPE IS TRUE.

I can't stop eating it.

The pears are also quite nice.


So that's today's installment of Unruly Adventures.
reported to you live from Oregon while eating Dark Chocolate Moose Munch out of a bathtub.

Tomorrow: Visiting the Harry and David pear orchards and Moose Munch factory
on behalf of Cool Mom Picks, because my bosses are really awesome.

*


6 comments:

Submommy said...

My home town! Looks like you're at the Heathman?

I'm available for consult. :)

Kristina said...

Welcome to my home! State that is. I love it here - and I hope you do too. :)

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Oregonians in the house! I'm in Medford and loving the drizzle and mountains. It's so desperately different from Georgia.

You have a beautiful home, y'all. <3

Virginia Valerie said...

The Northwest loves you darling. Have a great time and inhale deeply!

charissimo said...

Oh, Artax. *sob*

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

ARTAX! STUPID HORSE! 2 MORE MILES AND YOU GET MOOSE MUNCH!