Friday, October 21, 2011

birthday rapture




It's from Cakes by Darcy.

Dr. Krog gets one for me every year.

For example: 2010. 2009.

In 2008, he got there late, and the only one left had a witch hat on top.
And I was all, ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING?

But this one? It's perfect.
It's white, black, and red, just like my book.

And there is a book on top. Like I'm a real author.

Inside, it's even better.


Chocolate cake. Vanilla frosting. Just a touch of almond.

LOOOOOVE THIS CAKE.

And here's what I had for lunch.




A Vosges Leche chocolate skull
with pink Himalayan sea salt from my friend Heidi.

Birthdays aren't supposed to be healthy, right?

And speaking of beautiful things I want to lick...



OMG, this book.

It's part of the Penguin Threads series,
which are based on commissioned embroidery by artist Jillian Tamaki.
I won it in a Twitter contest from Penguin publicist
Gabrielle Gantz (@contextual_life on Twitter).
It's one of the most lush, beautiful paperbacks I've ever seen.

There's so much pretty today, friends!

That crazy Camping guy predicted rapture,
AND I AM HAVING SO MUCH RAPTURE.

<3



1 comment:

ChaosMandy said...

Your cake is so pretty and it looks very yummy!!

Sounds like you are having a very shiny birthday :)