Sunday, September 11, 2011

your quote here

Sometimes, especially on Facebook, I think,

I WISH THERE WAS A QUOTE TO PERFECTLY SUM UP HOW I FEEL.

Then I remember that we can make up our own quotes.

Seriously, at any given moment, we can just invent a quote. We don't need Google or a pocket-sized gift book from the rack by the front counter of a bookstore. There are no laws about quotes. There's no quote police. There's no "You must be this tall/witty/famous to make a quote" rule.

We are totally free to make up our own quotes.

So here are some made up quotes. Please, make up some of your own.

ON JOY:
There is no deeper joy than being exactly where you're supposed to be, except being there and eating a cupcake.

ON CAREERS:
Whatever you like to do best, someone is getting paid to do it, so you just need to figure out how to make that work, unless it's being a man-whore. Then you should do what you like to do second best.

ON TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS:
This is not a dress rehearsal, so you might as well enjoy your body and make it as interesting as possible, so long as you don't get a crazy face tattoo or stretch out your earlobes long enough to jump rope with.

ON HAVING CHILDREN:
Anyone who tells you it's easy just wants to smell your baby's head and play with her toes before handing her back to you and running out the door, laughing.

ON COFFEE:
I didn't know how much I loved it until I needed it, and I didn't know how much I needed it until I became a writer.

ON PLAYING:
Never stop playing, because when you stop playing, part of you dies inside, and that part smells and starts to make all the other parts wonder what died, and then they force you to buy smelly old lady perfume and you are officially OLD.

ON HAVING GOOD TASTE:
Having good taste is overrated. Just like what you like without shame. Enthusiasm goes a long way when you're dressed as the devil from Legend, and you'll probably get a free latte at Starbucks just for being interesting and getting your horns caught in the door.

ON HALLOWEEN:
Who cares if you're the only one dressed up? You're probably the only one smiling and making memories. Being boring sucks even more on the one day a year everyone gets a pass to be interesting.

ON SOCKS:
Life's too short to wear matching socks.

ON PRETTY THINGS:
Pretty things are good for the soul. Choosing things that speak to you further defines who you are. Never underestimate the moxie of a good hat. All the boys should grow out their hair and wear vests.

ON EMOTION:
It doesn't matter if you're happy or sad, just make use of it. Make it mean something.

ON CUPCAKES:
Cupcakes: The only way to not eat the whole cake.

*

Anyone else want to pen a quote today?

3 comments:

Virginia Valerie said...

I love your quotes, especially the career one and the cupcake one. :-)

Sunny Rising Leather said...

I think I woke my husband from laughing loudly at 'on good taste' quote - woooo!

Xox
a

Celita said...

Going to Starbucks dressed as the devil from Legend?

I do believe that I'm going to quote you today on Facebook.

:)