Thursday, September 1, 2011

what was missed

Computer died Saturday. Here's what happened since then:

1. WENT INSANE.

2. Got cute haircut from my adorably pregnant hairstylist.

3. Tried on a dress that looked like it was made out of monarch butterflies. Did not buy.

4. Sent the wee lad to preschool. Celebrated with beignets and cafe au lait.

5. Got that song about dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign stuck in my head.

6. Went to Borders. Bought 4 books. Read 2 of them, plus one on the Nook, plus 2 I won in Twitter contests.

7. Had mysterious headaches every night.

8. Belatedly realized mysterious headaches were caused by frantically power-reading 6 books in 5 days while wearing contacts.

9. THAT SONG IS STILL STUCK IN MY HEAD.

10. Held a birthday party with a hula Barbie cake in which the cake was a chocolate pumpkin cake and brownie mound slathered in homemade buttercream and forkingly decorated to look like a grass skirt.

11. Ate an awful lot of Barbie's skirt.

12. IT'S MY PARTY, DANCE IF I WANT TO, WE CAN BE CRAZY, LET IT ALL OUT. YOU AND ME AND WE'RE RUNNIN' THE TOWN, AND LA LA LA.

13. Watched the movie Take Me Home Tonight, which was adorkable, if somewhat painful. I hate watching nice people get caught in stupid lies. YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIE TO YOUR HIGH SCHOOL CRUSH, TOPHER GRACE.

14. Read a Glamour magazine that had Demi Moore on the cover. She's been so Botoxified and airbrushed that I thought she was Annie from Community. I get the aging gracefully thing, and I'm not enjoying it myself, but it just creeps me out that she looks 23.

15. IT'S ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, AND WE'RE DANCING ON THE ROOFTOP, TOP OF THE WORLD.

16. Seriously, it's like that song and the song about shuffling and everything Katy Perry ever did are trying to beat me to death with my own neurons.

17. I need new music.

18. What the hell was I talking about? Oh, yeah. Things that were missed.

19. I miss Nirvana. The restaurant and the band.

20. I basically went crazy. I need this laptop. I need to write. I need to do work. I need to communicate and share tidbits. It's become such a part of who I am. It's my diary, my photo album. It's almost like I'm outsourcing my memories. DON'T LEAVE ME AGAIN, HELP-er. I NEED YOU.

I also need sleep. Hularbie pictures tomorrow. Maybe.

If you're good.

*

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Walking Eye, Hank.

Your Tumblr is a hoot plus one half.