Saturday, September 24, 2011

i will never forget sarah marshall

10 things that happen in Forgetting Sarah Marshall
that make it one of my top ten favorite movies:


1. It opens with my favorite Cake song, I Want to Love You Madly.

2. It then goes on to show the main character congratulating himself on making his pecs dance, then eating Froot Loops out of a dog bowl while wearing an Edward Gorey t-shirt.

3. Russell Brand asks if anyone has seen his lost shoe by assuring them that it's the opposite of his current shoe, but that that doesn't mean it's evil or anything.

4. Jason Segel does an entire being-dumped-by-your-movie-star-girlfriend scene completely naked. That takes guts. And balls.

5. It involves a Dracula Puppet Rock Opera.

6. Paul Rudd plays a character that isn't Paul Rudd, and it is fantastic.

7. Mila Kunis goes batsh*t on her ex-boyfriend. You just never see that in movies. Girls are usually either embarrassed or angry, but they very rarely run straight at a guy and start pummeling him on a beach.

8. Russell Brand, playing rock star Aldous Snow, shows an uber-Christian virgin how to please his wife by practice humping giant chess pieces on the beach. And it works!

9. The main character isn't buff. He isn't perfect. He writes songs of self-loathing when he's drunk. He's actually a kind of weird guy with a weird dream, but the girl he likes encourages him to pursue it, even though it's a Dracula Puppet Rock Opera. Even to me, that's pretty weird. And he succeeds! It's just so refreshing.

10. Because it's freaking hilarious and contains one of my all-time favorite quotes:

When life gives you lemons,
f*ck the lemons and bail.

Seriously. Netflix it. Or pick it up for $5 at Target.
I was watching it last night as I fell asleep,
and all I could think was,
"I MUST REMEMBER TO BLOG ABOUT HOW FANTASTIC THIS MOVIE IS."

So I did that.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled really nice afternoon working on the back porch.

And by "your", I mean "my."

*

3 comments:

msprimadonna67 said...

I love this movie!!

ChaosMandy said...

This is one of my favorites! Love the Dracula puppet rock opera especially :)

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

My son saw the DVD case this morning.
"She pretty," he said, pointing to Mila Kunis.
"She pretty," he said, pointing to that blond girl who plays Sarah Marshall.
"She pretty," he said, pointing to Russell Brand.
"And he okay handsome," he said, pointing to Jason Segel.

Heh.