Friday, September 2, 2011

also a dare.



That's me in 2003 during my first and only public bellydance performance.

Why I am showing you this?

1. Because it was part of a convoluted dare/bet/punishment on Twitter.

2. Because every cell in my body has been recycled since then, so technically, that isn't me. That's some other girl, and I have some of her memories and also the same Cheshire Cat tattoo.

3. Because I can't dress up as slave Leia and go to Dragon*Con.

4. Because I feel like if I post something on my blog, I'll have it forever, and I found the photo today and didn't want to lose it, because I never want to forget what it felt like, dancing for the crowd as they clapped and stomped.

5. Because I miss having hair past my waist.

6. Why the hell not? HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE.

*

Please don't make me regret it. No laughing. Okay? OKAY?
I will never again confuse Spielberg for Lucas while half asleep and Tweeting about hats.

6 comments:

Alice Istanbul said...

No laughing? Who's laughing? That's a great picture!

K A B L O O E Y said...

Also not laughing over here. Jealous? Yes. But good for you. My hair has never met my ass.

Virginia Valerie said...

Damn girlfriend, you work the hell out of that dance! Woowee! Someday you can teach me to dance. Now would be a good time as I currently have an awesomely round belly for it. :-)

Tanya said...

You're pretty. I say that knowing the risk of appearing internet stalky/creepy. I assure you I am neither!

charissimo said...

RAWR.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

You guys are awesome. That is all.

Oh, and I also have a caffeine headache.