Wednesday, August 10, 2011

two goofs, goofing




The big girl's in school. It's just me and the boy.

And we are exceedingly goofy.

We're a lot alike, actually. Ridiculous, snuggly, creative. Always in want of an adventure. Exceedingly fond of an apple. We both think we're a lot faster, stronger, and more grown-up than we really are. And we both sing way, way off key.

Three cups of coffee, three hours since we woke up, three writing assignments under my belt.

Three readings of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Three pictures of us hanging out, just a mom and her boy.

And three hundred times that I've been asked, "You wan' see sumpin, mom?"

Yes, son.

Yes, I do.

*



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is going to be a treasure for your kids when they're older. I hope you're keeping a hard copy somewhere.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

I so need to do that, but I'm lazy, and it takes foooooorever...

But my birthday's in October. HINT.

Sunny Rising Leather said...

I look forward to reading every post you write:
so delightful and real :)

xo
a

Anonymous said...

Oct. 21st, right? Something like that.

Tell you what, I'll come visit. Good enough?

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Anonymous, provided you are Ryan and are bringing my Urfs, YES, PLEASE VISIT. If you are someone else, I'm going to need to see some ID first, and HOW DO YOU KNOW MY BIRTHDAY??

Tarah said...

That sounds like a wonderful morning!

Anonymous said...

Well, no Urfs, unfortunately. She'll be in DC getting ready for her sister's wedding. But I am hoping to get there on the night of the 25th. Still buying tickets from DC to Minnesota to Georgia to DC.

Who is Ryan?

My name is OSTRICH MAN!!!!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Ostrich Man, I still think we should do an impromptu meet-up of the people we actually liked from school while you're here. Celebrate 15 year reunion and all that. Don't you want to see my kids beat up DT and Hal's kids? And... everybody else?