Friday, August 12, 2011

things i love today


I love the Sherlock Holmes reboot. RDJ is awesome, production values are high, bulldogs and kung fu are in abundance, and it's chock full of steampunky goodness.

I love tumblr. I finally have a place to store all the things that inspire and amuse me.

I love Community. It's like The Office, but without having to worry about people losing their jobs and starving to death on the streets.

I love the new red shoes I got at Target for $7.

I love frozen cupcakes. But that goes without saying.

I love writing. It's a good way to channel obsession.

I love my Cube. It makes me happier than any car since my first car, Roxy, the 1989 Chevy Cavalier with the moonroof.

I love the smell of an August morning, when you can just barely detect the Autumn licking at the edges.

I love the way the sun filters in through sheer curtains. Perfect for reading.

I love planning adventures and writing them on the calendar.

I love right now.

*

5 comments:

Tarah said...

Frozen cupcakes? You have my interest....

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

The ones at Target with big sprinkles on the side are THE BEST when frozen.

Don't ask me how I know. And don't ask me if I creep downstairs at night to eat them over the sink in my pajamas.

Anonymous said...

You really, really should check out the BBC Sherlock series. It might be the best TV show I've ever seen.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Oh, now, I don't know. That sounds all... highbrow. And British. Are there lots of explosions?

Anonymous said...

Very few explosions. One, I think.

But Sherlock is a high-functioning sociopath and the closest filmed version to the stories I've seen.