Friday, April 15, 2011

what I got:

* 48 hours with no home internet

* a huge grudge against AT&T

* a slightly longer enemies list

* 3 hours of sleep

* 66 pages of a spankin' fresh new creepy YA book

* coffee and bacon

* manic energy

* a long night ahead of me

* not enough time

* starry eyes from reading WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON straight through in a 4-hour marathon last night/this morning

* red, itchy eyes that hate contacts

* a commitment to paint faces tomorrow

* a need to test the full-face painting on myself tonight, preferably after a few glasses of wine

* a kid that needs to be picked up from preschool

* remorse at knowing I probably won't have internet when I get home

* a first glimpse at my first book contract

* despite sleep deprivation verging on hallucinations, a very fortunate lot in life

7 comments:

Christina Fifield-Winn said...

Well, yeah...hallucinations can be fun and inspiring. My KAFE can vouch for that...LOL..anyway, hope the bad things on your list get better, and hope the good things get even better too!

Anonymous said...

A longer enemies list? Holy God. You already have Jane Fonda, Bill Cosby, Paul Newman, and Arnold M. Picker! How many more enemies do you have?

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Hitler, Miley Cyrus, Juliette Lewis, Javier Bardem, my branch of the library, the guy with classes at our Target Photo Studio, Mrs. Foss from RHS, Ryan and his stupid dog...

I'm going to need a bigger evil notebook.

~d.

ChicagoSane said...

Book contracts are disgusting. Do you have an agent, manager and lawyer to review?

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Sup, Sane?

Yep. I have a kickass agent who's knee deep in the shit while I frolic around, churning out the words. Thank heavens, too. Publishing's like the Swamp of Sadness, and I don't want to be Artax.

~d.

Christa said...

Will Grayson, Will Grayson...just so so good.

BTW, I am on your crazy diet and I love it. Haven't felt this good in a long time. Thanks.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Glad it's working for you, Christa! It's tough, but it's seriously working, and I feel great. Well, except today, thanks to AT&T. The grass-fed steak salad with guac and veg at Moe's is my new crave, and as I say that, the pudgy, 13-year-old version of my hugs a Little Debbie to her chest and cries.