Tuesday, April 26, 2011

that daring young mom on the flying trapeze





I went to circus class again last night at the Circus Arts Institute of Atlanta.

If getting there didn't involve highways, I'd be there every week.

I juggled, I wobbled on balance boards, I passed the Egg Test, much to my own surprise.

And I did a shoulder stand on a stranger's crotch, which is a lot harder than it sounds.


Seriously. I'm not touching the ground there. It's crazy. Pretty much everything is a double dog dare.

And of course I had fun on the Spanish Web. I like how every picture of me dangling from 12 feet off the ground shows that I'm totally happy. That's exactly how I feel.



Thanks so my dear friend Alice for driving my scaredy-cat-ass down there. Let's do it again soon! You were awesome!


I'm so much more graceful when I'm not actually touching the ground.


7 comments:

damyantiwrites said...

Those are some awesome pics! I never knew one could go to circus schools, wow.

Jon Plsek said...

Anything this grin-inducing just by looking at the photos has to be 50x more fun to actually do in person.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Plsek, you should totally do it! It's as much fun as it looks! And there are plenty of guys there. And it's quite near Little 5.

Here's the link: http://www.circusartsinstitute.com/

kristin said...

I want to be Delilah!

Jimmy Franconi said...

When are you going to tell us why we wished you luck? Was it so you could drive downtown?

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

No, Jimmy. Something longer term than that.

Alice Istanbul said...

Yay!! That really was so fun :)