Thursday, April 7, 2011

keep calm and read this


You've seen it. This fabulous image created by the British government in 1939 to keep those hearty English spirits up during World War II.

I know it would take my mind off starvation and genocide!

But I'm sure you can guess that "Keep Calm and Carry On" is not my motto.

I browsed Etsy today, but I still couldn't find just the right "Keep Calm" design to describe me as a person. Keep Calm and Craft On. Keep Calm and Play Soccer.

Not quite.

So I made a few of my own posters using the Keep Calm-o-matic. And here they are.


First, for my general feelings about life:




Next, for a second round of my general feelings:




Boy, I have a lot of feelings. And this one covers another of my favorite moods:




And, lastly, my feelings regarding the zombiepocalypse:




That's it, guys. Considering I have a cold and it's Spring Break and I spent an entire day trying to potty train a naked person while hacking up my own lungs, I have very special plans for tonight.


Sweet dreams, kids!

12 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh Em Gee these are fantastic! I especially enjoy freaking out and wreaking havoc.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Tanya, I seriously contacted an Etsy seller today to see if she could make that into a shirt. Why the hell not, right?

Carissa Elg said...

Brilliant! I love them all! HA!

Landon said...

I'm in. A wreaking havoc baby blue shirt would suit me quite nicely.

Tanya said...

I bet Busted Tee would take it.

thatgirlblogs said...

I like the freakout

Jen said...

Hi, I've been lurking for a while, love your blog!
The Keep Calm posters made me me snort- love the zombie and nyquil ones.
Do you read Regretsy? If not, here are a few more posters for your viewing pleasure!
http://www.regretsy.com/page/3/

Jen said...

Hunh. Clearly I missed December, when you linked to Regretsy. Sorry!

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Both Etsy sellers said no. ARGH. I need that shirt!

And I *love* Regretsy and have even contributed to the site. I love the way they combine snark with charity and providing an audience for the sellers they feature.

Off to check out Tanya's rec for shirt printage. And almost considering making "Freak Out and Wreak Havoc" as part of a banner redesign.

Mollie said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the Keep Calm-o-matic. Excellent fun. I even made one... thanks for inspiring me.

LTM said...

LOLOL!!! :D I'm trying to decide which one I like best...

oh, I give up. I'll take them all~ :D <3

Andrew said...

I'm the creator of the Keep Calm-o-matic - thanks for the mention! For those of you wanting shirts once you've created your own image you'll see links to various products at the bottom of the page (including t-shirts) which will have your newly-created image printed on them.