Monday, March 28, 2011

haikus: slow carb hell

no sweets, no dairy
nothing but meat, beans, and veg
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

*

i feel weak, tired
light as a balloon. but lost
3 pounds in 3 days.

*

suddenly things taste
amazing. avocado
doesn't taste like spit.

*

a sugar addict
like me could lose all will to
live. but I have hope.

*

bathing suit season
and vacation are coming.
i will be ready.

*

and if nothing else
i have coffee again. it's
why i wake up now.

*

on the other hand
saturday is binge day, so
WAIT FOR ME, FIVE GUYS.

*

and also darcy's,
please reserve for me one of
EVERYGODDAMNTHING.

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Clever! But then, I've always loved avocado.

Eoywin said...

mmmmm, Five Guys.

I'm going on a diet as soon as this weekend is over. I'll be in Atlanta for WrestleMania and I want to be able to eat junk.