Tuesday, February 22, 2011

an honest question

So, people who read this blog. I have a question.

What do you like best?

And I do mean on this blog. Not, like, cupcakes and ponies and Star Wars and James Franco. Or James Van Der Beek. Not any of the Jameseses.

I've been thinking about possibly posting some short stories here, but then I realized that might bore you to tears.

Then I thought I should write controversial mothering things, because that seems to garner a lot of comments.

And then I thought about just enjoying myself, posting silly pictures, haikus, horrible movie reviews, and bizarre dreams.

Anybody got any preferences? The last thing I want to do is bore you.

I take that back. The last thing I want to do is eat cow intestines while hung over, because I heard a story about that today, and it just sounded awful.

13 comments:

Christa said...

I want the short stories...and also pop culture commentary because it cracks me up when you do it?

Tanya said...

I'd read your short stories. You've succeeded in making motherhood sound enjoyable without sounding like a pompous soANDso. THAT is talented.

Spotted Sparrow said...

All of the above! Well, maybe not the intestines. You're hilarious and I'll happily read whatever you write.

Anonymous said...

We want as many conversations with your kids as you can cram down our throats. Also, write some songs about me and then post the video of you singing them.

dk said...

You post whatever you want. It's the randomness that made me first start following your blog. Hey, even if something were to bore me (NOT very likely), I would just be waiting for the next post. ;)

Anonymous said...

Keep doing what you're doing; it works. Changing things around, or writing for your audience only... kills the originality.
-Zombiella

urfaqhesse said...

i want short stories. and i always love "my awesome kids say fantastically hysterical adorable things" segment.

Validation said...

I would love stories in addition to your regularly scheduled entertainment.

jarvenpa said...

You are never boring. I would love to see your short stories, because you are an excellent and amusing writer. But I also enjoy all else you write. So write what you want to write. Don't worry if we don't all rush and comment; I mean, what are we gonna say? "Cute!" "Wise!" "I like cupcakes too!!" "More sparklies!!"

Whitney said...

anything you want to post - honestly. this is a very interesting site. but since you asked, i love controversial mother stuff the best. but that doesn't mean it's all I'd like to see. so, back to my original comment - wahtever you want.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your responses! I guess what I'm seeing here is to keep up with the randomness, which is actually what I'm best at. Today is mothering controversy, since I told an old man today that the boy was attacked by a wolverine.

~d.

Sequoia Journey said...

Well, your last post made my cry, so you are doing something right. Do what makes you happy.

Virginia Valerie said...

i'll read whatever you feed me, lady :-)