Saturday, February 12, 2011

a brief introduction to Twitter

If you're not on Twitter, you're missing... well, something very strange.

I use Facebook to connect with people I've actually met, but I use Twitter to talk to writers, agents, publishers, and various forms of the Hulk, WHO ALL TWEET IN HULK FASHION, SO HULK TALK ONLY IN ALL CAPS.

Each missive is restricted to 140 characters or less, so you're challenged to be succinct, witty, and hopefully not insane.

For example, here are some of the things I've said in the past 15 minutes or so:


If that doesn't convince you, nothing should.

Twitter: It's weird, it's awesome, it doesn't make much sense. But I still love it.

6 comments:

Mrs. Beer said...

I'm so jealous. Clearly, my brain is not equipped with the necessary hardware to understand Twitter. I want to. I just don't get it!!!! :(

Taylor said...

I've heard about this "Twitter used for networking for real life" thing, but I mostly use it to post about my boogers or the baby's diapers.

Tanya said...

Are you going to tweet a link to this post? I think that makes black holes.

I'm one of those people with a truckload of fb friends who I probably wouldn't talk to at a bus stop. My extended family is on it so it's easier to keep it. I also <3 Twitter because I follow people who say interesting things but would never talk to me at a bus stop.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

Tanya, I would totally talk to you at a bus stop. You'd be like, "Late bus? I DARE YOU TO MAKE LESS SENSE," and I'd be like, "I THINK I FOUND MY ARCH."

Mrs. Beer, it's a tool. If you're not using it *for* something, I think it's a little ridiculous.

Taylor, there is no escaping the horrible connection between boogers and baby poop.

~d.

chariskalee said...

Twitter is something you can only understand when you're a part of it and hard to explain to those outside of it. However, it is a wonderful break from the complications of FB. Thanks for sharing.

artistsroad said...

Here's an example, all, of the power of Twitter. I just saw a tweet by Delilah's literary agent announcing that she had just helped Delilah sell her novel. She included Delilah's twitter name, I clicked on that, and through that found this blog. Congrats, Delilah!