Wednesday, January 19, 2011

X marks the somethingorother

So I decided to try treasure mapping in 2009. Maybe it's a little goofy, but I had a lot of goals, and I thought it would at the very least be an interesting way to record them.

Amazingly, most of it has actually come true.

Check it.

Red = came true.
Blue = did not happen or utterly incomprehensible.


Lots of it happened in ways I didn't expect. For example, I wanted to become a better artist, but I had no idea I would do it by becoming a writer. I wanted to make money through this blog, but I could not have predicted that blogging would help me make friends with Carrie, who is now one of my best friends, through whom I found Cool Mom Picks, where I'm now an Associate Editor.

I'm totally surprised to see that my treasure map kinda worked.

Time to do another one, right?

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I think it's cute. It makes the goals seem less intimidating.

K A B L O O E Y said...

WOW! Maybe you could sell these on eBay? I could use one if they work so well...

Carrie said...

that is so freaking awesome. Can we do one together? It seems less stupid than the vision board I've been wanting to do. And if we do it together i can whine until you paint mine and then it will look good.

Delilah S. Dawson said...

Yes, Carrie, we can totally do one together. If only we can find 5 minutes where our kids aren't around. That's the hard part.