Monday, November 29, 2010

now with more HAT

I don't want to be one of those people who only puts up their very best photos after airbrushing out the inconvenient bits. I never want to take myself that seriously.

Plus, when you tell people that most of your photos turned out maniacal, I think you need to back that up.

Therefore, in the interest of full disclosure, here are some of the outtakes from yesterday's attempt to take a decent picture of my new hat.

And no, I wasn't trying out for the part of Mr. Ed.


I just get really, really excited about hats.



And then, sometimes, I sneeze.

I don't see how that's a problem.



And, yeah, I can be a little witchy.

But there's nothing wrong with liking flying monkeys.



I also go into mad scientist mode.

Although I've always been bad at the scientific method. I did win 3rd place in my high school science fair one year, but I think that's because the artwork was so striking. All I did was compare the ages of animals in zoos to the life spans stated in encyclopedias.

But the paintings of the animals were incredible.

I assure you that it was very strategic.

Encyclopedias and handwritten letters and the Dewey Decimal System.

The 1990's were a powerfully magical time.

Anyway. Hats.


I have no idea what I was going for there. Honestly.

That's a bit deranged, even for me.

But there's good news, guys.

Really good news.



2 comments:

K A B L O O E Y said...

Oh, man. I looked too quickly at the word verification and thought it said the extremely apt "doesart" but no, it said "doescart." But you does art, not cart. Descarte?
Nice hat, though. BTW: I got inflated grades on lots of projects due to my (middling) art skills. Got lazy too, because it was easier than doing actual hard work.

Runs with Granchildren said...

Mom-needs-more-bloggy-humor...