Monday, November 15, 2010

the best $21 I ever spent

Guys.

GUYS.

Ignoring the shininess of my ass there, I need you to know that I CAN CLIMB A ROPE 15 feet off the ground and do, like, dangerous stuff.

I most definitely was not supposed to let go, but you know what? I DID ANYWAY, FOR I AM UNRULY.

IT IS THE FUNNEST THING EVAR.

That thingy up there is called the Spanish Web, and you climb it and then wrap yourself up in it and spin around. Reminds me a bit of my babywearing days, actually.


And that's the actual trapeze. Yeah, it's only 5 feet off the ground. But I still had an awesome time being D-easy D on the Trapezey. Or something. Whatever they called me on Facebook.

If you're in the Atlanta area and love adventure and playing around, please check out the Circus Arts Institute. Wonderful people, cool facility, amazing teachers, and the most fun I think I've ever had for $21, because horses cost a lot of money.

I'm not sure how much the actual classes cost, since I bought my class using Living Social Deals, one of those "send me an email every day with a huge sale on something, and one day I might actually buy one if it involves sharks".

They also had some cool music playing by Caravan Palace, and now WE WANTS IT.

Here's a video by them. It's like Moulin Rouge on Red Bull and vodka with a clown doing the Charleston in back.






And now, if you'll pardon me, I'm going to finish this tea and go dream about running away to the circus.

Beaux reves, mes amis!

5 comments:

Virginia Valerie said...

You look so cute upside down! Also you look like you had a blast. Yay you!!

Caroline D. said...

I have to agree- kudos on looking good for the camera while doing that. If it were me, there would be some dumb faces and most certainly double-chin and other unflattering chub.

K A B L O O E Y said...

Wow, that's amazing. And that woman behind you looks like a pro too. I imagine there's some self-selection that goes on, but I'm with Caroline D. I would not be looking so carefree and lovely hanging up there. Then again, I wouldn't be able to hoist myself up there to begin with. Good for you! And you KNOW a year of circus life would provide you with stories for eternity, right?

Alice Istanbul said...

Wowwowwee! You look like your were born to trapeze, lady! I want to go there, too.

Anonymous said...

Alice, any night you will drive down with me, I will totally sign up for another class. Classes are on weeknights from 7 - 8:30. There's also a different place that does aerial silks/yoga in Kennesaw that I might try.

Seriously, Atlanta friends. Do it!

~d.