Monday, October 18, 2010

a web of WIN

Next time you find yourself accidentally falling off the roof of a toy store, Baskin Robbins, or movie theater, a net of glittery thread might suddenly catch you, and you would look up with gratitude in your eyes and see this face, and she would say,



Everybody gets one. I would like some chocolate ice cream now, please.

Or she could tell you her favorite new joke:

Knock, knock.

(Who's there?)

Um. Lemon. No. School bus.

(Lemon no school bus who?)

No, just say school bus.

(School bus.)

NO, say SCHOOL BUS WHO?

(School bus who?)

LEMON AREN'T YOU GLAD YOU DIDN'T SAY SCHOOL! AH HA HA HA HA!

(But I did say school. I said it three times, actually. I mean, you have to say 'school' if you're going to say school bus, right?)

SCHOOL BUS YOU!

(Good one, buddy.)

I will HAVE to tell Daddy that joke. He will laugh SO, SO HARD.

*

And that's why Spider Girl is now my favorite superhero.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. I gotta tell more school bus jokes.

K A B L O O E Y said...

I have a lot of "no soap, radio" moments when my daughter tells me her existential non-jokes, then cracks herself up.

PS: word verification is "zymfory", which you might use as a character one day, or a spell, or something.

Virginia Valerie said...

I cracked myself up over the word "coffinry" for days. Isn't it great?

PS Spider girl is my new favorite superhero too :-)

Heather said...

My stepkids are in the knock knock phase, too. I wonder if sarcastic laughter is lost on them?

urfaqhesse said...

<3