Friday, August 13, 2010

need moar betas

Anybody want to do a quick beta read for a middle grade magical adventure with a boy main character, about 38k words? Dr. Krog read it in a day and liked it. Now I need more criticizing.

Promises:
* he's not the Chosen One
* he's not a boy wizard
* he doesn't ride a hippograff
* there is no hugging the Hagrid
* as ever in my books, there are evil rodents. WHY DO I DO THIS?? I SWEAR I LOVE RATS.

If interested, qualified, and fast, please email me at delilahpaints [at] yahoo [dot] com. You may one day see your name on the Acknowledgments page. Let's hope.

Ericka, jarven, and Charis... you guys know I love you, but I'm always too shy to ask. Let me know if you're up for it.

7 comments:

charissimo said...

Of COURSE. I've always had a thing for rats too. In fact, I castrated one in Advanced Biology and kept him for a pet. I named him Oedipus Rat.

Runs with Granchildren said...

mom will always read but hesitates to ask cause she is mom

jarvenpa said...

Always love to read your work. Send it on. It will cheer me immensely as I cope with poison oak and a strained knee (why, why, why?!!)

Jennifer said...

I'll read it if you still need readers. I just read 'The Heights' in 3 days.

delilah, the unruly helpmeet said...

It's out to 4 betas, and one has already turned in outrageously helpful notes. =) You guys rock!

Delilah S. Dawson said...

Are you done yet? How 'bout now? How 'bout now??

AAAAAGH.

On an entirely unrelated note, did you guys know I'm the least patient person on the planet? It's true.

Sybil said...

Let me know if you ever need anything read! I'm a super fast reader, as well. Okay, not just fast, but I am actually, you know, read and not just skim :)