Saturday, August 21, 2010

i am/we are the bat


Today was our first consignment sale of the season, and the find of the day was this $5 vampire bat costume. It has a hood, wings, a fat belly, and ridiculously fuzzy pants.

And it's fun for the whole family!

Of course, it belongs to t.rex. We've been contemplating a Halloween family costume theme of "Monsters", and this would fit right in. Much easier than the hobgoblin costume I was going to have to whip up for him in my nonexistent spare time.



He thinks it's a cat costume and walks around singing, "KIKI SUIT! KIKI SUIT!"

And it's so cute that I follow him around taking pictures. Kids love that.


And then, of course, the Biscuit has to get in on the fun. Her costume is supposed to be a gorgon child, or as she calls it, A Big Kid Medusa.

But for today, Fat Borrowed Bat will do nicely.



And I'm sure you can guess what happens next.

What always happens.

Because if you read this blog, you know me.


So that'll haunt your worst nightmares, I'm sure.


*

P.S. for Tanya: The recirculated air on my chest is the bat.

5 comments:

Me, myself and I said...

Oh my god...all I could think about was wombat, she is going to make a comment about wombats and you threw in MOMbat! Love it. I hope to find a costume that cute for my little one!
Jess

Tanya said...

^_^ My tongue keeps getting caught in the mouth slit. I can't help it. It's maddening!

P.S. How adorable are your bebes?!

Crystal said...

LOL! I really needed this post today. It made me fall into riotous laughter.

K A B L O O E Y said...

I miss your augmented pictures. They ALWAYS crack me up. And yup, your kiddos are so, so cute.

Alice Istanbul said...

"Kiki suit", I love it :)