Sunday, June 6, 2010

a very sad, chubby panda



What has two thumbs and doesn't want to wean?


THIS GUY.

Seriously, the "calmly and reasonably start dropping feedings" thing does not always work.

It's going to have to be cold turkey, and I'm going to have to go somewhere with a beach, a pool, a jacuzzi, and a place to work quietly on my book while ordering delicious vegan room service.

I HAVE TO GO THERE NOW.

It's not my fault. It's not like I *want* to.

But he won't take no for an answer. And the crying's driving me more insane than usual.

Just like a man. Spend all day trying to grab the ta-tas and throw a tantrum when there's no ta-ta to be had.

8 comments:

charissimo said...

The stealth "mama's out of the country" tactic worked like a charm for us. See if you can get a good deal on a timeshare in Barbados...

Liam said...

Vegan room service--I wish. I'm just a softcore vegetarian and room service sucks. Good luck, though. I remember when my cousin was beginning to stop...all hell raised.

K A B L O O E Y said...

Aw boy. Sorry to hear this isn't going so well. We went until 19 months (and 4 days, not that I remember exactly) and I was definitely the more traumatized of the pair of us, so no words of wisdom, I'm afraid. Just sympathy because it must be hard hearing the little guy cry for you. How many feedings are you doing?

stephanie constantin said...

weaning sucks! hope it gets better soon!

Delilah S. Dawson said...

7 UNINTERRUPTED HOURS OF SLEEP.

I am a new woman.

I think I'll invent something to sell on TV today.

HUZZAH!

stephanie constantin said...

WHAT?!? 7 HOURS! So jealous! So what did you invent?

urfaqhesse said...

BOOBIES and FOOD SOURCE; let's face it, life goes down from that point for a young lad.
xo

tattooedblogger said...

Well congrats on coming this far.... I nursed my son for 26 months and my daughter for 36 months..wow...did I just say that. They are now 15 and 12...and I remeber the weaning like yesterday...pulls at the heart...just remeber that you have participated in the healthiest life style choice ever..hang in there!..Delia